Clark S. Judge
Clark S. Judge is founder and managing director of the White House Writers Group, Inc. and an opinion journalist. He was a speechwriter in the Reagan White House.
As Managing Director of the White House Writers Group, he has advised some of the world’s most prominent corporations in meeting their strategic and communications challenges in the U.S. and elsewhere. For political clients he has written many nationally televised speeches, primarily during presidential campaigns. He has provided communications advice in support of numerous cases before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Judge served as Speechwriter and Special Assistant to both President Ronald Reagan and Vice President George Bush. A member of the Moscow Summit speechwriting team, he was also the lead writer for the Toronto Economic Summit in 1988 and helped shape the White House approach to the 1988 presidential campaign. A Harvard MBA, Mr. Judge had administration assignments involving assessing the management of the government, urban policy and international economic policy before joining the White House staff.
As an opinion journalist, he has written extensively on U.S politics, the international financial crisis, health care reform, the current state of the U.S. and global economies, and global security issues. Among the publications in which his work has appeared are the the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, NYTimes.com, USNews.com, Policy Review, National Review Online and Claremont Review of Books. He has been interviewed on major broadcast and cable news outlets including CBS, ABC, Fox News, CNN, CNBC and the BBC.
He lives in Washington, D.C, with his wife, Margo. They have a grown son.
For publications by Mr. Judge, please visit The Clark S. Judge Archives.
Posts Written by Clark S. Judge
- The Crisis In Entrepreneurial Finance: The Death of ‘Liquidity Event’ IPOs
- State of the Union 2013
- What is going on with the Fed? No, not anything like what it seems.
- Analyzing Campaign Speechwriting on Norwegian TV
- FOX BUSINESS: The Treasury Department and the bond market
- FOX BUSINESS: The modern mid east crisis & Reagan
- Access to proxy and the integrity of corporate boards
- Gulf Oil Speech: Administration Dead in the Water
- Glass Pockets, Goldman Sachs, and the Imperative of Clarity
- Wal-Mart Teaches Economic Theory