Clark S. Judge
Clark S. Judge is founder and managing director of the White House Writers Group, Inc. and an opinion journalist. He was a speechwriter in the Reagan White House.
As Managing Director of the White House Writers Group, he has advised some of the world’s most prominent corporations in meeting their strategic and communications challenges in the U.S. and elsewhere. For political clients he has written many nationally televised speeches, primarily during presidential campaigns. He has provided communications advice in support of numerous cases before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Judge served as Speechwriter and Special Assistant to both President Ronald Reagan and Vice President George Bush. A member of the Moscow Summit speechwriting team, he was also the lead writer for the Toronto Economic Summit in 1988 and helped shape the White House approach to the 1988 presidential campaign. A Harvard MBA, Mr. Judge had administration assignments involving assessing the management of the government, urban policy and international economic policy before joining the White House staff.
As an opinion journalist, he has written extensively on U.S politics, the international financial crisis, health care reform, the current state of the U.S. and global economies, and global security issues. Among the publications in which his work has appeared are the the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, NYTimes.com, USNews.com, Policy Review, National Review Online and Claremont Review of Books. He has been interviewed on major broadcast and cable news outlets including CBS, ABC, Fox News, CNN, CNBC and the BBC.
He lives in Washington, D.C, with his wife, Margo. They have a grown son.
For publications by Mr. Judge, please visit The Clark S. Judge Archives.
Posts Written by Clark S. Judge
- What is the greatest force shaping our age?
- Rioting in Ferguson – A Disheartening Rejection of the Civil Rights Movement
- The GOP Establishment, the Tea Party and 2016
- Visit to a Country of Ghosts
- For the Mid-Terms, Does the GOP Have What it Takes?
- Thomas Jefferson, the Constitution and Slavery
- Income Inequality in America: Is It Rising and Is It Bad
- How Thomas Jefferson Freed the Slaves
- “Matt Ridley takes on the Global Warming World
- BOOK REVIEW: ‘Rising Tides’